This year, I decided I was going to pump up my workout game. I’ve been failing miserably due to the winter blues (and the fact that I’m being lazy). I would get a momentum going (hot yoga 2x a week, a run on the treadmill, a Jillian Michaels DVD or two) and then the long list of excuses started coming on strong…
- I’m soooo sore from Pilates/Yoga/Running… I can barely walk up and down the stairs. I feel like an old lady. How do you expect me to complete another workout? If I do another burpee, I may not be able to get back up.
- I don’t want to wake up Bentley (my dog). How cute does he look, all curled up in the comforter? I just can’t do that to him. Nobody likes to be woken up that early. He would hate me forever.
- I need to eat something before I workout. What if I faint during my morning run? Who will be there to pick me up? I COULD DIE OUT THERE.
- I JUST ate breakfast/lunch/dinner/snack. I don’t want to throw up while gracefully running on the treadmill. Ew. That would be gross. Isn’t there a 30-minute rule or something?
- I don’t think I have any clean workout clothes. When was the last time I did laundry?
- It’s too cold out and there is snow EVERYWHERE. I could slip and fall on the ice. Everyone would laugh. It would be totes embarrassing.
- I didn’t drink enough water yesterday. I probably will pass out at hot yoga. I will be the chick that passes out and everyone’s “zen” will be all effed up. I can’t be that girl.
- After work, I just want to sit on my couch, put my feet up and watch an episode of Beverly Hills, 90210. Don’t judge me. I need to find out if Donna Martin graduates.
- It’s too hot out to go for a run. I may get heatstroke. People die from heatstroke, ya know. And yes, I know that the gym has air-conditioning but you never know what could happen from the walk from the car to the gym door.
- I’ll work out tomorrow. I promise.
What are some of your best “I can’t workout today” excuses?
Leave them in the comments!