I can’t think of a better way to kick off my birthday week than with a post about champagne. It is my absolute favorite cocktail, by the way. Ya know, just in case you were thinking about sending me a birthday gift.
When I connected with Katie from the Garnish Blog after Helene’s webinar, I knew this would be the beginning of a great blogger friendship. Katie’s goal: to create awesome cocktails and build an awesome home bar, one day at a time!
When she heard my birthday was approaching (it’s on Saturday!), we discussed what type of cocktail I would prefer to celebrate the big 3-4. Obviously, I said, “Anything with champagne!” Katie worked her magic and came up with this fantastic cocktail (think Strawberry Daquiri + Champagne) just in time for me to blow out all 34 (eeeeeeek!) candles.
1 oz. white rum
1/2 oz. lime juice
1/2 oz. simple syrup
3 strawberries, sliced
6 mint leaves
- Place strawberries and mint in the bottom of a shaker or mixing glass.
- Add rum, lime juice, and simple syrup.
- Muddle well, until mint is bruised and strawberries have released their juices.
- Fine-strain into a champagne glass, pressing pulp to release all the liquid.
If you’re making more than one cocktail, I recommend straining into a cup measure first and then pouring into individual glasses.
- Top with champagne (careful, it will fizz a lot!) and garnish with a strawberry.
Happy Birthday to me!
Thanks Katie for this delicious birthday cocktail!
Do me a birthday favor and stop by and say hello to Katie!