We are all a part of at least one.
Maybe we started it.
Maybe we were added to one.
But we all have taken part of, in one way or another, a group text message.
For the most part, group text messages are great for making plans, sharing a quick story, or checking in on some friends/family. Sometimes, you get added by accident to a text with a bunch of strangers. Sometimes, people are texting just to text.
Regardless of the reason, it’s a love-hate relationship and below are just some thoughts that go through my mind when I see one pop up on my screen.
- It’s 6:30am. Are we seriously group messaging right now?
- How did I even get on this group text?
- I walked away for five minutes and there are 81 text messages?! What in the…?
- Do you people ever work?
- I AM NOT CLICKING ON THAT LINK!
- Who are these other numbers? I NEED TO KNOW.
- If I respond, it will open up the flood gates of responses and I don’t have time for that so… NO.
- I’m only responding with emoji’s from now on.
- :::eye roll:::
- That was dumb. Delete.
- If I swipe and delete the message, will I be out for good?
- Nope, I’m back on. DAMNITTTTTT.
- You lost me. What are we even talking about?
- It’s 3am. Are we serious? I FORGOT TO PUT MY PHONE ON SILENT!
- HOW DO I GET OUT OF HERE?
What are some of your thoughts when added to a group text?