When I opened up my refrigerator the other day, I saw that we had a package of fresh chicken, just hanging out, waiting to be cooked. Usually, my husband uses it for his daily lunch meals, but this package seemed neglected. I jumped on Pinterest (my go-to source for recipes, amongst other things) and found this great recipe, sitting on my Recipes to Try board.
Super easy to make and it was DELICIOUS! I must confess, I really love all things lemon, garlic and cheesy. This was such a great combo and I was even surprised at myself for successfully preparing such a delicious dish!
1 Cup Mascarpone Cheese At Room Temperature
Zest & Juice of 1 Lemon
1 Teaspoon Cracked Black Pepper
3 Boneless, Skinless Chicken Thighs, Cleaned Of Fat & Cut Into 1 Inch Dice
1 1/2 Tablespoons Olive Oil
2 Cloves Garlic, Peeled & Minced
Salt & Pepper
1/3 Cup Chopped Sun-Dried Tomatoes
1 (9 Ounce) Bag Baby Spinach
1 (500 Gram) Package Pasta
Sauteed Garlic Breadcrumbs
Grated Parmigiano Reggiano/ Pecorino Cheese
- Combine the zest, lemon juice, mascarpone, and pepper in a bowl, and whisk to combine.
- Bring a pasta pot of salted water to boil.
- While waiting on the water, heat the oil in a skillet, and cook the chicken until it is cooked through and just beginning to brown, about 6 to 8 minutes.
- Add the garlic and cook another minute or two, then season with salt and pepper.
- Cook the pasta until al dente, taking it off the heat about 1 to 2 minutes before you would normally remove it.
- Drain, reserving about 1/2 cup of the pasta water.
- Return the pasta to the pot, and set over medium heat.
- Stir in the mascarpone and lemon mixture, the chicken, sun-dried tomatoes, and spinach.
- Loosen the sauce with about 1/4 cup of the water and toss all over the ingredients together until the spinach has wilted and everything is piping hot, adding a little additional pasta water if needed.
- Serve immediately, topped with grated cheese and/or sauteed breadcrumbs.
Yield: Serves 4 – 6 Prep Time: 20 mins Cook Time: 25 mins