It’s Tuesday and guess what that means?! TACO TUESDAY!
This time, instead of the regular beef tacos, I decided to try something new. I found this recipe on SkinnyMs, which has a ton of great recipes.
This was a bit spicy and I had PLENTY left over to freeze for another two-three meals!
Total Time: 6 hours, 15 minutes
- 24-oz. jar medium salsa
- Juice from one lime
- 1/4 cup fresh cilantro, chopped
- 1.25-oz. package taco seasoning
- 2 jalapeños peppers, finely chopped (optional)
- 6 boneless chicken breast halves, defrosted
- In a slow cooker, mix together the salsa, lime juice, cilantro, taco seasoning and jalapenos.
- Add the chicken and coat with the salsa mixture.
- Allow the chicken to cook, covered, in the slow cooker on Low setting for 6 hours.
- Serve chicken with salsa mixture spooned over top, or shred and use as a taco filling.