Did you know today is National Wine Day? Listen, I don’t need another excuse to grab a glass of wine after work, but it does help!
I put down my glass of wine (for now) and jumped on to share this quick and easy housewarming gift idea!
A friend of mine recently moved into her first home and instead of making one of my amazing housewarming baskets, I wanted to do something a bit different. She has an amazing home decor style, and I didn’t want my gift basket items to interfere with her design.
Instead, I went the simple and useful route. See below for the details & final product!
- One bottle of wine (I tend to look for a bottle with a witty name, one that goes with the occasion.)
- One gift card (HomeGoods, Home Depot, Lowes, CVS, or a local food store would be perfect!)
- Punch a hole in the top corner of the gift card envelope. (If the card doesn’t come with an envelope, I would find a small gift card holder or envelope to put it in, this way it is nice and secure.)
- Choose a pretty ribbon. (I found my ribbon at Michaels, but the Dollar Tree has a great selection as well.)
- Loop it through the gift card and tie it to the bottle of wine. (Excuse my bow, I’m still learning.)
…and voila! She was extremely appreciative and the thought went a long way.
What are some other two item gift ideas to give a new homeowner?
Leave your suggestions in the comments!