Summer is around the corner but that doesn’t mean I’m going to skip a good ol’ Taco Tuesday! My girl Gina served these delicious Turkey Taco Lettuce Wraps in lieu of the traditional taco and I was hooked! I didn’t feel half as guilty when I started chowing down on a third lettuce taco because… lettuce. I felt I was making some healthy choices while still eating one of my favorite meals.
Turkey Taco Lettuce Wraps
Boston Bibb Lettuce
1 lb. of ground turkey meat
1 14. oz. can of tomatoes or tomato sauce
1 medium onion, chopped
1/4 tsp. of canola oil
Trader Joe’s taco seasoning
Reduced-fat shredded Mexican cheese
Chipotle Ranch dressing / Cholula sauce / Hot Sauce / Salsa
Instructions: (as found on the back of the seasoning mix)
- In the saucepan, heat the oil.
- Add the chopped onion and sauté for two minutes.
- Add the turkey meat and half the seasoning packet.
- Sauté until meat is brown.
- Reduce heat and add tomatoes.
- Simmer until thickened (about 5 minutes).
- Spoon meat into individual lettuce leaves and add your favorite toppings!
How do you celebrate Taco Tuesday? Share your favorite Mexican recipe below!