Holiday season is right around the corner and I get giddy with excitement. There is something about this time of year… the smell of fall/winter… the chill in the air… shopping for gifts… the comfort of the cold season… I can’t pinpoint it but I love it! I also love hosting a dinner party or cocktail party during the holiday season! I love finding new and creative ways to decorate the table for our guests.
If you are hosting a cocktail party or holiday dinner party this year, check out these two great and inexpensive DIY ideas!
DIY Holiday Centerpiece
- Cake Stand (Home Goods, Kohls, etc.)
- Cherry Branches (Dollar Tree)
- Tall Candle (Dollar Tree)
- Glue Gun
- Glue the cherry branches together in a circle using the hot glue gun. Be careful though; the cherry branches are delicate and can easily break apart.
- Once the hot glue has dried, place the cherry branches on the cake stand.
- Place the tall candle in the middle of the circle of cherries on the cake stand.
- Place on the center of your table for a beautiful holiday display!
DIY Holiday Appetizer Cards
- Pinecones (Dollar Tree)
- Glue Gun
- Using PicMonkey or Microsoft Word, create the appetizer cards on the computer.
- Print them out and cut to fit.
- Go through the bag of pinecones; some will wobble on the table so make sure you pick ones that are flat on the bottom.
- Slide the appetizer card inbetween the pinecone branches at the top of the pinecone.
- Place a small drop of glue where the card meets the cone on the backside.
- Once dried, place them next to the appropriate appetizer!
Follow me on Pinterest for this and other great DIY holiday ideas!